Wednesday 19 September 2012

Yet to be named, pt20


‘See, that wasn’t so hard. Now for something difficult. Why exactly did you save me back at the city?’
‘Isn’t that kind of obvious? I wanted to. Besides, you wanted to stab me off my horse’, he pointed out. ‘And why did you save me back at the stream? It feels less obvious to me.’
‘I felt obliged to return the favour. Do you think I shouldn’t have?’
‘I think you should have.’
‘That’s rather selfish, I’d say’, she chuckled.
He admitted he walked right into that.
They climbed a small hillock at the edge of the forest, preparing for another conversation.
On its other side, wide green plains spanned across the view, blocked by snowy peaks to the right, and slowly fading into darker green of forest to the left and far, far ahead. A handful of farmhouses were strewn over the landscape, slightly concentrating closer to the city.
It was rather big. With an impressive temple, whose twin towers dominated way over the city walls themselves, and a great many smaller buildings, it presented itself way better than the previous one.
Not including fire and monsters, which may have made it interesting for adventurers and heroes. But it was just a small group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment